Friday, April 18, 2014

A matter of fat

A matter of fat
In the coming weeks, we will be delighted to welcome nutritionist Theresa Albert, author of best-selling cookbook and Food Network personality, so that everyone can enjoy its unique cuisine and knowledge in nutrition.
I mentioned to some colleagues that I worked with Chicken Farmers of Canada to help Canadians prepare simple and healthy meals. It is a happy coincidence that my colleagues, intelligent women, employed and mothers, have allowed me to examine and share their tips. These interviews make up the next six blogs. The names have not been changed to protect the innocent; Indeed, they are displayed proudly for us to find patterns of each family and learn from each other The interviewee in this / editing: Alyson Schafer

Alyson Schafer is a psychotherapist and expert on parenting skills.

She hosts the TV show The Parenting Show and renowned author of "Honey, I Wrecked The Kids" and "Breaking The Good Mom Myth" Theresa. As parenting consultant and mother of two teenage girls, can you tell us about incorrect children, pre-teens and teenagers about the role of fat in a healthy diet perceptions Alyson: The teenagers dream of resembling the iconic models in magazines and music videos. This means a body without fat and translates for them simplistically: don't eat fat don't gaining weight. They do not understand the difference between bad fats and healthy fats play an important role in health. They know the damage caused by fried potatoes and mayonnaise, but my girls were surprised to learn that the lawyer that I put in their sandwich is a healthy source of fat Theresa: How to introduce the topic to children without that they become obsessed with Alyson: I talked to my girls about cultural changes relating to beauty.

In some countries that lack food, a fat wife is a sign of wealth and prosperity because only the rich can eat the point of becoming plump. Fats are essential to our survival. Our bodies are smart: for example, a lack of fat can stop menstruation because our body understands that procreation is not a priority when we survive with minimal nutrition. I fill my girls on the common practice of retouching photographs and they saw the advertising campaign on DOVE beauty. They begin to understand, I think, that fat is not all bad, but they have their role to play as vitamin D, calcium and whole grains. It is a chemical compound that must be ingested in the form and the proper proportions.

But we must talk a lot before the message is transmitted Theresa. Which are healthy, which are bad Alyson: Parents send their own attitudes and behaviors to their children. They are watching us more than they listen to us Theresa. You know yourself the different kinds of fat and which are necessary for the health, and you explain to your children Alyson: I am sometimes confused myself ! For example, I don't think so margarine but my kids love the fact that it runs well even on bread out of the refrigerator.

At their age, they feel invincible and practicality outweighs the health factor. "Only old people have cancer, is not it? When I have the age of mom, I eat in a healthy way, but I was a teenager! It is normal that I drink milkshakes and eat chips. This is my rite of passage. " I chat with them when they seem more receptive, and I cook healthy food.

This is the best influence I can have on them for the moment Theresa. Could you share with us lean protein sources you use or suggest Alyson: One of my daughters is a vegetarian and the other must monitor its glucose as it is brought to faint. So I always want to take the easy proteins in the refrigerator, usually cheddar cheese slices, turkey or organic chicken, turkey kielbasa or organic chicken.

There is always hummus and whole wheat crackers in the house. I cook steamed edamame pods for the saucer in the dip, and I am preparing a mixture of almonds and dried cranberries that is ready peanut butter and chocolate hazelnut spread for.

We sometimes eat tofu and beans FREQUENTLY. In my opinion, North Americans are not sufficiently informed about the benefits of beans. It is interesting to see how other countries raise the protein content of their dishes by adding beans. Conclusions Theresa The healthy fat is necessary for any lubrication, our eyelids our joints to our brains. In fact, some saturated fat from animal sources such as dairy products and chicken protects healthy fats in our body.

The healthy fat sources like avocados, olive oil extra virgin unmodified and nuts are essential in small quantities. The subject matter experts recommend that 20-30% of calories from fat, which you imagine, is skinless chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment